Community Outreach Coordinator, The GenWell Project
Works closely with the Director of Public Discussion and Director of Content & Storytelling to create engaging relationships with the public through outreach to influencers, politicians, celebrities, and other connections that would be a great fit to partner with and help get the messaging of the human connection movement more profile.
• Performs engaging outreach to politicians, celebrities, Canadian and international influencers, organizations, corporations, and small businesses
• Asks questions when unsure about how to proceed when speaking to people with complex requests
• Provides support at events, acting as a brand ambassador to field questions and comments if they arise. (Training will be provided)
• Works closely with partner Community Outreach Coordinator and Public Relations Intern to coordinate media events and brainstorm ideas
Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree/Diploma in Community Outreach, Political Science, Journalism, Non-Profit Management, Fundraising, or Public Relations
• 1-3 years experience in community outreach and communicating with politicians and other influencers
• Self-motivated but knows how to work as a part of a team
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak with people at all levels
• Strong command of the English language and detail-oriented proofreading skills
• Passion for non-profit work and ability to remain agile and easily switch gears when necessary
This is a remote, part-time contract role for the duration of three months, with possibility of renewal. Position starts ASAP.
Please apply with resume, cover letter, and a thoughtful response as to why you think face-to-face connection is vital to our health and happiness Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Community Coordinator by EOD March 2, 2020.
Hours required per week: 6