Working on starting – and running – a business can be quite lonely. Without a traditional support network of established colleagues and constant work connections, it can be challenging to experience the positives and negatives of running a business by oneself.
Here are a series of articles, videos and other content that we have selected to help you better understand the issue of social isolation and loneliness for entrepreneurs. If you have suggestions on other content that you think others would benefit from, please feel free to reach out to us at info@GenWellProject.org.
Understanding social isolation, disconnection and loneliness
- A recent study found that entrepreneurs who experience loneliness are highly likely to have burnout (link)
- Many people don’t understand what it’s like to run one’s own business (link)
- It can be hard to be the leader and person in-charge of all decision making (link)
- Create “water-cooler moments” that can help spark connection (link)
- Remember, you are not alone! (link)