Millennials (Gen Y)
Often considered one of the loneliest groups, research shows that millennials continue to struggle with social isolation and disconnection. Our goal with the GenWell project is to provide new and insightful information that sheds light on the issue, highlights what might be causing loneliness, and most importantly, educates Millenials on what they can do about it.
Here are a series of articles, videos and other content that we have selected to highlight the ongoing struggle of social isolation, loneliness and disconnection experienced by Millennials. If you have suggestions on other content that you think others would benefit from, please feel free to reach out to us at info@GenWellProject.org.
Understanding social isolation, disconnection and loneliness in Millennials
- Why Millennials Are So Lonely (Lisa Firestone Ph.D. – Psychology Today Canada) –link
- Millennials are hit the hardest by the loneliness epidemic, and here’s why (Page Grossman – The Library) – link
- We millennials have more ‘friends’ than ever. So why are we so lonely? (Harry Readhead – The Guardian) – link
- 22 percent of millennials say they have “no friends” ( Brian Resnick – Vox) – link
- Why Are Millennials So Lonely? (Bustle) – link