Works closely with the Chief Connections Officer and Director of Content & Storytelling to create engaging content for a company’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
- Posts content to company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Flags comments and questions for response by senior team members.
- Creates dynamic written and simple graphic content using online tools like Canva.
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop social media campaigns
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Formats and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers using MailChimp
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize web visits/in-platform engagement
- Live-streaming on social at events, posting on platforms on-location quickly and with accuracy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Digital Media, Online Marketing, or Journalism
- Technologically savvy
- 3-6 years experience in content writing/writing for web/social
- Basic graphic layout/design skills
- Proven ability to execute successful social media campaigns
- Self-motivated but knows how to work as a part of a dedicated team
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak with people at all levels
- Strong command of the English language and detail-oriented proofreading skills
- Passion for non-profit work and ability to remain agile and easily switch gears when necessary
This is a remote, part-time contract role for the duration of one year, with possibility of renewal. Position starts ASAP.
Please apply with resume and cover letter that includes a thoughtful response as to why you think face-to-face connection is vital to our health and happiness. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Social Media Coordinator by 5PM on March 11, 2020.
Hours required per week: 7